Polly Jessen will present at a Strafford live video webinar, “Environmental Indemnity in Real Estate Transactions: Allocating Risks of Potential Liability and Cleanup Costs” scheduled for Tuesday, August 10, 1:00pm-2:30pm EDT.
The panel will guide counsel for buyers, sellers, and lenders in real estate transactions on allocation of environmental liability and structuring environmental indemnity agreements to ensure proper coverage for liabilities. The panel will also examine key provisions and lessons from historical precedent and recent court decisions.
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- When is an environmental indemnity agreement necessary, and when is it not useful?
- First-party release vs. third-party indemnification
- What are the key provisions of the environmental indemnity agreement?
- How do environmental indemnity provisions complement other provisions in real estate purchase and sale agreements?
- What are the critical lessons from recent court decisions for structuring environmental indemnity agreements?
- What are the best practices for allocating environmental risks in real property transactions?
For more information about the webinar and for registration information, click here.