From June 15-16, 2017, Bill Silberstein will serve as the Program Chair for the Sixth Annual Land Trust Alliance Symposium on Advanced Legal Topics in Land Conservation in San Antonio, TX. Please visit Land Trust Alliance’s website for additional information regarding this symposium.
Why Should You Register?
If you work with land trusts on advanced legal issues, this is a program you cannot afford to miss. This symposium will deliver information that is impossible to find at any other single program. You will receive updates from leading practitioners and conservation professionals who are uniquely qualified to weigh in on timely topics in conservation law. You will leave with practical tips you can put to use immediately upon your return to the office. The two day symposium will:
- Explore the developing law on the donation valuation of land and easements and ethical duties of land trusts;
- Examine specific challenges with multiple landowners of conservation easement property;
- Unravel specific examples of nonprofit law risk assessment and management;
- Explore strategies for confronting proposed interstate pipelines, including demonstration of public need, consideration of alternative transport systems and deference to conservation values; and
- Dig into the nuances and implications of three recent critical conservation cases.